That's right. We said it. WINTER. We know it is only October, but just like the squirrels - it's important to be prepared as winter sets in. If you are a homeowner thinking of selling next year, it's time to get the snowball rolling.
As a home seller, you want the least amount of competition. This means you need to start gathering your proverbial acorns now. Don't be put-off by selling in the 'off' months of the holidays and winter. There are serious buyers out there who are tired of waiting - and they're not likely to pass up the opportunity to buy your home because of the season.
Take a look at just some of the reasons why you shouldn't be so quick to brush off winter as a time to sell...
Here are our Top 10 Reasons to Sell Your Home This Winter:
1. Less competition means you may sell your home faster and for more money. While everyone else is waiting out winter, you'll have the pick of interested home buyers.
2. Winter weather doesn't stop buyers from looking online. Today's buyers are educated and they know what they're looking for.
3. Home buyers aren't going to open houses in negative temps for fun. If they're suiting up with hats, gloves boots and scarves, they mean business.
4. You can lock in an interest rate in the 4's that is still historically low - Freddie Mac expects the average rate for a 30-year fixed mortgage to reach 5% by the end of 2015.
5. Employees who are relocating to your area don't have time to wait. This makes for an uber-motivated buyer - they want to get moving so they can get back to work.
6. Homes with a few tasteful decorations can show well in the winter. And doesn't everyone appreciate fresh flowers in winter just a little bit more?
7. It's a chance to show off your home's winter assets - cozy fireplace, non-drafty windows, newer insulation, and efficient home heating.
8. Employees get more time off during the holiday season and have more time for showings. In general, life slows down in the winter, and people have time to plan their home buying strategy.
9. Loans can be processed quicker because title companies aren't as busy.
10. The sooner you put the wheels in motion the sooner you can sell and move on with your life.
image via: Dollarphotoclub