There is just so much happening with Arlington real estate (and beyond) these days it can be hard to boil it down into what's most important, right now.
The Arlington real estate market is different from the national market, it is different from the Massachusetts market, and it’s even different from neighboring Cambridge or Lexington markets. While it can be influenced by these broader factors, it is its own entity with its own trends and direction.
To break it down, here are our top 10 facts about the Arlington real estate market, right now:*
1. The number of single-family homes sold is down 11% as compared to this time last year.
2. The average single-family home sale price is up by $17,255 as compared to this time last year.
3. The number of condo homes sold is down 5% as compared to this time last year.
4. The average condo sale price is up by $28,412 as compared to this time last year.
5. The number of multi-family homes sold is down 33% as compared to this time last year.
6. The average multi-family home sale price is up by $121,389 as compared to this time last year.
8. Arlington provides an array of distinctive housing, offering up options for first-time home-buyers, downsizers, investors, families, and anyone looking to be part of a vibrant community.
9. Inventory is down and home values are up, making it a prime time to be a home seller in Arlington.
10. Now a part of Gibson Sotheby’s International Realty, Steve McKenna & The Home Advantage Team are firmly established as Arlington’s #1 real estate team for more than 30 years and counting.
It can be difficult to decipher what is relevant and what is extraneous in real estate - in Arlington or elsewhere. So if you are thinking of buying or selling, it is critical to have a team with feet on the street and an insider's eye to an evolving buyer and seller market. Contact us today, and put your home in our hands.
*MLS Arlington Home Sales Jan. 1 - July 31 2019, Jan. 1 - July 31 2020