The law office of Timothy J. Van Der Veen, Esq. will conduct a workshop for Arlington residents who are considering the transfer or sale of their property in the next 12 months. The workshop will be held at the Robbins Library and is geared towards owners who haven’t sold in at least 10 years.
The event will cover recent changes in the law and other trends affecting local real estate transactions in the past year.
A panel of industry experts including, Steve McKenna & The Home Advantage Team of BOWES Real Estate, Thea Simolari of Mortgage Network, and Walter Abbott of Abbott & Associates, CPA will cover topics such as:
- Will you owe capital gains tax if you sell?
- Selling or transferring a property held in trust or if an owner is deceased
- Flood insurance: Are you impacted by recent changes in the flood maps?
- Formula to calculate your net sale proceeds to within $1,000
- Importance of conducting a preliminary title review
- State sales tax and other forgotten closing costs
- Strategies for simultaneously selling and buying in a low inventory market
- Pros and cons of For Sale By Owner
- Pre-sale repair & improvement strategies (update or leave alone?)
- Can you buy before you sell? Bridge loans and other financing option in carrying 2 properties
The workshop will be held at the Robbins Library, 700 Massachusetts Ave., Arlington, MA 02476 on Monday, February 25th, 2019 from 6:30 p.m. -8:00 p.m. The workshop is FREE for all Arlington residents. However, space is limited and registration is mandatory. We hope to see you there!
TO REGISTER (or for more information)
Please email: Christina@timvanderveenlaw.com or call 781-829-2003.
REGISTRATION DEADLINE: February 18th
This is NOT a solicitation for legal services pursuant to Rule 7.3 of the Massachusetts Rules of Professional Conduct